Talk:Choosing Player Models
Custom player model for custom map
I tried to re-create the SWAT player model with different texture and use it in my map. The player working fine, but the viewmodel (v_model) arms aren't correct. I spent a lot of time with this .kv file, so:
- If I use default players it works fine, even if I different players with any of the arms.
- If I use my custom player model, the arms aren't working (they are heavy phoenix arms)
- I recreated and renamed the arm model of the swat, it works in model viewer, but not works in game.
- I downloaded some player models, they are placed in ROOT/models/player/custom_player/"creator"/"player", I couldn't bring them in game.
How do I modify the .kv file to accept theese models?
Like the ct player is models/player/ctm_tek.mdl and its arms are models/weapons/ct_tek_arm.mdl and models/weapons/v_models/arms/tek/v_sleeve_tek.mdl
These are placed as the default ones placed.
- The solution: Your player model name have to be a basic model's name (like ctm_swat) with modifyed variant (eg varX varY..).