Steam Support strings
These strings will be used in the future to help people solving their problems At the moment in order to use it you need to use this path: steam://support/?Issues=
- * - All.
- Background* - Background applications known to interfere with Steam.
- Background0 etc. currently have no effect.
- Crash0 - Crashing when launching Steam.
- Crash1 - Crashing when launching a game.
- Crash2 - Crashing during gameplay.
- Connection0 - Unable to update Steam.
- Connection1 - Unable to see any game servers.
- Connection2 - Getting Steam Ticket Expired.
- Connection3 - Getting Steam Account already in use.
- Connection4 - Unable to update or finish updating a game.
- Connection5 - Unable to join a server.
Specific tests can also be specified. These can be combined with the Issue types listed above.
- Requirements - Checks if your system meets the requirements for Source games.
- Display Driver Test - Checks if your video card drivers are out of date.
- Direct X Test - Checks if your DirectX version is out of date.
- Connections/Ports Test - Checks if your UDP/TCP ports are open and able to be used by Steam.
- Running Tasks Test - Checks if any running programs conflict with Steam/games.
- Loaded Modules Test - Checks if any loaded modules conflict with Steam/games.
- Services Test - Checks if any services conflict with Steam/games.
- LSP Test - Checks if any LSPs conflict with Steam/games.
- Codec Test - Checks if any audio/video codecs conflict with Steam/games.
List of known issues with Support Diagnostics
- Doesn't correctly ID dual processor systems.
- AMD processors and Intel Pentium-Ms are incorrectly shown as "not meeting the system requirements", because their physical frequency is lower then their actual performance. --Koraktor
- Doesn't correctly report memory on systems with more than 2GB of RAM.
- Newest versions of ATI video drivers are incorrectly reported as out of date.
- Does not detect any background processes.
- Seems to be resolved. Shows Apache webserver for me. --Koraktor
- Shows Motherboard Monitor (MBM) and Apache for me. --AndrewNeo 15:14, 4 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- Wrong modules are detected. A component of the audio player foobar2000 called foo_common.dll is detected as WebSearch toolbar (common.dll). --Koraktor
- Also, ATI's TV software's common.dll is detected as WebSearch toolbar. --AndrewNeo 15:14, 4 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- ATI's Hotkey Poller is detected even after being disabled. --TomEdwards 01:36, 5 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- Steam becomes inaccessible during the scan, so a Cancel button is non-functional.
- NVidia driver versions > 1xx.xx are mis-identified (may be true of other lower-numbered versions; I have only checked 162.18) --Quaestor 17:11, 4 Oct 2007 (PDT)
- A component of the Google Searchbar (googletoolbar.dll) for Firefox is incorrectly identified: "toolbar.dll is WebSearch toolbar" --Quaestor 17:11, 4 Oct 2007 (PDT)