The Steam Condenser is a multi-language library for querying the Steam Community, Source and GoldSrc game servers as well as the Steam master servers. Currently it is implemented in Java, PHP and Ruby. C# and Objective-C implementations are currently in progress.
At the moment the library is able to query Source and GoldSrc servers and built objects representing the server (including basic information, players and rules) in all three languages. Additionally these objects can be used to send RCON request to the corresponding server. Additionally you're able to acquire information from the Steam Community like player stats and achievements using Steam Community's XML interface and the Web API.
Installing the Steam Condenser Ruby gem on Windows
- First, you have to install both, Ruby and the Windows DevKit. You can get them from http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads.
- Steam Condenser depends on the bzip2-ruby gem which requires some work to install on Windows.
- You'll need to have the bzip2 library installed. A Windows version can be obtained from the gnuwin32 project. Unpack it to a location of your choice.
- Install the bzip2-ruby gem first with
gem install bzip2-ruby -- --with-bz2-dir="C:\Program Files\bzip2-1.0.5"(use the location you choose earlier here)
- Now you're able to install Steam Condenser with the usual
gem install steam-condenser