Radiator is a series of experimental semi-episodic short-form single player mods for Half-Life 2 with unorthodox gameplay mechanics used to artistic ends - the first person shooter without any shooting. It follows a semi-episodic release schedule: each "volume" is divided into three (3) issues released over several weeks. The maps are packaged together for thematic purposes and also because it's simply more convenient.
More Matter (volume 1)
THEMES: The short story, play, and poem. First loves. California. Psychological repression. New Orleans. The racket that is couples counseling. Being young, being old. Gay marriage. Homeostasis. Government bureaucracy. Acoustic guitar, contemporary piano, and death metal.
- Polaris (June 2009): You're stargazing in central California on what could totally be both the lamest and the cheapest date ever.
- Handle with Care (July 2009): You're struggling to repress stressful memories while your worthless husband moans and whines to that equally worthless marriage counselor.
- Much Madness (July 2009): You're trapped on a sinking submarine in the Gulf of Mexico - oh, and the ghost of Emily Dickinson won't stop talking. Maybe drowning isn't so bad?
Second Space (volume 2)
THEMES: Self-reflexivity, cerebral play, and the "second space" of our minds.
- Being Adam Foster (late 2009) You're Adam Foster, celebrity level designer. Men want to be you and women... uh, did I mention that men want to be you?
- A Man's Home (late 2009) The true story behind the fire at the Bannerman Island Arsenal.
- Little Boxes (late 2009) Foreclosures in the wild western deserts of France.