Prop Download Sites
The websites on this page provide free (libre/gratis) 3D models. Also note that many government museums and research organizations like Smithsonian and Tula Arms Museum will distribute models of their exhibits or related content for free, usually under a Public Domain License.
CC0 licensed (Public Domain)
- 3dmodelhaven.com - Small library of high-poly 3D models.
- Nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov - Yeah, that NASA. Large library of space 3D models, all free and without copyright.
- OpenGameArt.org (On this page: cc0 resources only).
- Smithsonian 3D DIGITIZATION - Smithsonian Institution website, dedicated to 3D models of their exhibits.
- Arms Museum on Sketchfab - Russian Tula Arms Museum on Sketchfab, small library of various weapons models.
- Kenny game assets - More than 40,000 models, sounds and textures created by Kenny. All licensed by CC0.
- Sketchfab cc0 models collection
- Garrysmod.org * (Must own Garry's Mod to download!)
- Facepunch modelling forum * (has stuff that isn't on GM.org and vice versa; login to search)
- Gaming-Models *
- The SnarkPit *
- Hum3D (large library of 3d vehicles)
- Google Poly
- Gamebanana: 3d models * (You can also search free models in the skins and prefabs sections)
- Cgtrader.com - free 3d models - large library of Various models
- Gamer-lab * - Large library of Source and GoldSource 3d models. Users upload a lot of content here without the permission from author, although sometimes there is legal content that is published here with the permission of the author / the author himself. It is not recommended to download content from here, although it is acceptable if you are simply creating something something simple, free, uncomplicated like Counter-Strike map.
* This symbol marks sites where you can find models which can be utilized in Source without processing.