This is a point entity available in Sin Episodes. Allows maps to respond to player inputs in the main menu. It can be used both when playing a map while having the pause menu open and when on the main menu with a map running as the background. It can fire an output if the player either hovers or presses a button of a specific type on the menu. This entity was originally planned for use in the background maps during a normal startup of the game but was cut for unknown reasons, but can be thought of being too annoying for the end user. It can still be enabled in a background map by making sure 'background01' is loaded as it is the only background map with this by default, then type into the console 'sv_cheats 1; ent_fire relay_NewGame enable' which will temporarily enable it until map reloading.
Warning: The hover outputs will trigger constantly while the cursor is touching a button, not just when the mouse first hovers over it.
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Fires if the user clicks/hover on 'Resume Game'.
- Fires if the user clicks/hover on 'New Game'.
- Fires if the user clicks/hover on 'Options'.
- Fires if the user clicks/hover on 'Load Game'.
- Fires if the user clicks/hover on 'Save Game'.
- Fires if the user clicks/hover on 'Stats'.
- Fires if the user clicks/hover on 'Friends'.
- Fires if the user clicks/hover on 'Quit'.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.
- Fired when the
Useinput is given.