Software for Imaging
(Redirected from Image editor)
This is a list of programs that can be used to create and edit Targa TGA images.
- Adobe Photoshop — The standard image editing tool in the industy, used by professionals all over the world. Very expensive. There is a plugin allowing Photoshop to directly open VTF files.
- Paint Shop Pro — A cheap alternative to Adobe Photoshop. For those who don't want to break the bank.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements — Low-cost, consumer version of Photoshop with high-end features such as colour management removed.
- Paint.NET — An open source .NET based image manipulation program.
- The GIMP — Completely free, open source image editing software available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and other UNIX operating systems. Complex to use, but powerful, scriptable and endlessly modifiable.
- Wally — Simple freeware texture/decals/skining editing program (Link Dead).
- HDR shop freeware (v1) can read, compile and write high-dynamic range format images.
- Genetica — A commercial seamless texture editor. Creates tiling textures of all material types.