A Health Charger is a simple wall mounted health replenisher found throughout half-life and it's expansions Opposing Force and Blue-Shift. The charger itself is a simple textured Brush-entity, if you are using the Half-Life SDK version of GoldSrc, available on Steam, then you can quickly access a pre-built Health and Suit Charger in your prefabs list, under the prefab library Usable Objects.
Personal creation of a health charger is quick and simple.
1. First, create a block, 32 width, 48 height, and 8 units in length. Texture it with medkitedge1.
2. Select the two side faces, set the rotation to 90, and center them.
3. On the front face, apply the texture +0medkit.
4. Tie it to a func_healthcharger.
5. Finally, place it anywhere in your level. Health chargers are found attached to walls, being located approximately 32 units above the ground.
- The exact dimensions given are not mandatory, they are simply the default preferences used by Valve when making health chargers in official Half-life maps.
When the player uses this object, their health will be restored by of 50% on easy difficulty, 40% on medium difficulty, and 25% on hard. When the charger is empty, the texture changes to a dimmed version and the health charger can no longer be used.