From Valve Developer Community
It is used to build paths for other entities to follow. Each path_track is a node on the path, each holding the name of the next path_track in the path.
- Scale Track FX
- The amount to scale the track FX size
- Scale Endpoint FX
- The amount to scale the endpoint FX size.
- Fade Out Endpoint
- Amount of time to fade out the endpoint FX
- Fade In Endpoint
- Amount of time to fade in the endpoint FX
- Next Stop Target
- The next path_track in the path.
- Branch Path
- An alternative path_track to be the next node in the path. Useful for making branching paths. Use the
EnableAlternatePathinputs to make the alternative path active.
- New Train Speed
- When the train reaches this path_track, it will set its speed to this speed. This speed must be a positive value that is less than the train's max speed. A value of 0 will cause no change in the train's speed.
- Path radius
- Used by NPCs who follow track paths (attack chopper/gunship). This tells them the maximum distance they're allowed to be from the path at this node.
- Orientation Type
- The way that the path follower faces as it moves through this path track.
- 0 : No change
- 1 : Face direction of motion
- 2 : Face this path_track's angles
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- 1 : Disabled
- 2 : Fire once
- 4 : Branch Reverse
- 8 : Disable train
- 16 : Teleport to THIS path track
- Cause the track to toggle to/from its alternate path.
- Enable the alternate path of the track.
- Disable the alternate path of the track.
- Cause the track to toggle on/off/
- Enable the track.
- Disable the track.
- Turn on the track's fx beam
- Turn on the endpoint's fx
- Turn off the track's fx beam
- Turn off the endpoint's fx
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Fired when any entity following this path passes this path_track node.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.