Model menu for Model Editor.
- 1 Mesh
- 2 Collision
- 3 Attachments
- 4 Hitboxes
- 5 Add Material Group
- 6 Add Material Remap
- Brings up a browser to add a mesh to your model
- A vmdl can have multiple meshes
- Meshes are accessible via the outliner, and are found under the "Mesh List" item
- Select a mesh item to edit in the property editor
Tip: To point to a new content side mesh file use the "Mesh File's" magnifying glass button in the property editor.
Add Mesh Group
- Adds a mesh group list to the vmdl
Add LOD Groups
- Adds a lod group list to the model
- LOD groups are accessible via the outliner, and are found under the "LOD Group List" item
Add Physics Mesh
- Brings up a browser to add a collision mesh to the model
- A vmdl can have multiple physics meshes
- Physics meshes are accessible via the outliner, and are found under the "Physics Mesh List" item
- Launches the add attachment wizard:
- Give the attachment a name
- Select a parent joint
- The attachment will show up under an attachment list item in the outliner.
- Selecting the attachment item allows the name to be edited in the property editor
- Selecting the attachment will bring up a gizmo in the viewport that can be manipulated
- Under the attachment item is the influence item ( the joint the attachment is parented to )
- Select the influence item to edit the translation and rotation offset
Tip: Attachments can have multiple influences, edit the weight to change how strong each influence is.
Tip: To remove an attachment, right click on the attachment item in the outliner and select "remove". Or select the attachment list item in the outliner and remove the attachment element from the "Attachments" list by using the red "x" in the property editor
Add External Attachment List
- Browse to an external attachment list file
Tip: Use external attachment files to share attachment lists between characters with a shared skeleton
- Launches the hitbox wizard.
- Select the parent joint
- Give the hitbox a name
Note: If you have multiple hitbox set lists the wizard will ask which set to add the hitbox to, otherwise it will use the first one, and if that does not exist it will make it.
- Select the joints that hitboxes will be added to.
Tip: right click on an item in the interface to select/deselect child joints
Add Hitbox Set List
- Add an empty hitbox set list
Add External Hitbox Set List
- Browse to an external hitbox set list
Add Material Group
- Adds a "Material Group List" item to the outliner
- Add new material group items to set up "skins" for models
- clicking on a material group item in the outliner will preview that skin in the viewport
Add Material Remap
- Adds a "Material Remap List" to the model. This provides a way to point an existing material reference to a new material.
- Material Remap Item
- Search Material: select the material that is going to be replaced
- Replace Material: browse to a new material