Saves and restores powerup abilities. You use 2 inputs 'Store' and 'Restore' with this. What this will do is; using the Store input will save your currently equiped abilities to the entities 'memory'. It will record whatever your current powerups where at the time you stored it. It will remember those inside that specific entity (unless you obviously killed it), now when ever you use the Restore input it will give you back your powerups you had when you stored them. In laymen's terms, 'Store' - save the powerups, and 'Restore' - give the saved powerups. It can restore as many times as desired.
Note that This entity is a 'sole' entity, so if you place 2 of these entities, naming them each differently, restoring one will only restore the powerups in that entity, but not the other.
- targetname <target_source>
- Defines the name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Fires the entity (use this for triggering this entity).
- Saves the current abilities.
- Restores the abilities. Note: will only add, never remove abilities.