D.I.P.R.I.P. is a Half-Life 2 multiplayer total conversion. Gameplay is based on vehicle combat in various post-war environments. Vehicles use multiple weapon mounts which are activated by finding weapons scattered around the battle grounds. Available game modes are Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Bombing Run and Uranium Run. There will also be a possibility to enable players to upgrade their vehicles' weapons and subsystems through the use of a 'money for damage' system.
Most electronics were destroyed by electromagnetic pulses during the war, so the only usable vehicles left were old, reliable designs. Every available vehicle has been armored, fitted with weapons and enhanced in every way possible by post-war amateur mechanics.
- Machine gun - every vehicles' basic weapon. All vehicles start with the machine gun equipped as the primary weapon. It has infinite ammo but very low damage.
- Minigun - a high velocity chain gun that rips through amour like a hot knife through butter. Very high damage and ammo usage.
- Mortar - fires mortar shells high into the air. Practically useless at low range. Can fire one or multiple shells.
- Unguided missiles - unguided missiles launcher. Fires single, fast moving, unguided rockets that deliver a high damage warhead.
- Guided missiles - guided missiles launcher. Fires single, slow moving, heat guided rockets that deliver a low damage warhead. Flying rockets are accompanied by a whistling sound.
- Mines - anti-vehicle mines that explode when a vehicle comes in it's proximity. They explode with a 0,5 second delay.
- Satchel charge - a remotely detonated satchel charge. Creates a very large explosion that annihilates everything in it's radius.
Action takes place in varied post-war sceneries. Key places in the post-war world are areas rich in uncontaminated water and fuel. Most of the terrain has been left in a mechanically unchanged state. Abandoned city centers, supermarkets, refineries, country food storages, old military bases and other such places are the scenery of raging battles. The main theater is Mid-Eastern Europe which at the dawn of war was too poorly developed to be the target of a main attack. After the war it has become one of the wealthiest areas of the world.