If you have edited the language subpage, do not forget to purge the base page by clicking on the button on the right. Otherwise, its contents will not be updated.
Blender Source Tools allows Blender to import and export SMD and DMX files.
- Supports GoldSrc and Source
- One-click export and import
- SMD and DMX support
- SMD export can be optionally tailored to suit GoldSrc's limitations[Elaborate?]
- Support for most Blender features
- Export multiple objects to one file
- Compile QCs automatically
- Import complicated models by QC
Bug:Triangles which occupy the same three vertex positions as a previous triangle have their vertices reset to around the mesh's origin (at least for SMD export).
- Install the latest version of Blender (minimum 2.92). Or Install Blender from Steam (AppID: 365670)
- Download the Source Tools. Don’t unzip.
- In Blender:
- Select Edit > Preferences
- Move to the Add-ons tab
- Click Install... at the top-right of the window
- Find the downloaded zip file and select it (Double click)
- 'Blender Source Tools' should be the only add-on shown if installed correctly. Check the box to the left and wait a moment for activation to complete.