$boneflexdriver is a QC command which enables driving a flex with a bone's animation. This is particularly useful in multiplayer games where you can't pack VDC files into the map, as you can still use flex animation. It is also critical to vertex animation.
This command is available in the Source 2013 branch and further.
$boneflexdriver <bone_name> <graph_axis> <flex_name> <start_offset> <time_factor>
- The name of an existing bone that will host vertex animation for this model.
- One of three values:
- Links the target flex controller to the weight of the animation (much like a skeletal animation's). Controlled by the X-axis animation of the host bone.
- Links the target flex controller to the current frame of vertex animation. Controlled by the Y-axis animation of the host bone.
- Unknown function.
- The name of the flex controller this command operates on. There are two sensible options:
- In both cases,
<vca_name>is the name of the model's vcafile minus any file extension.
- Adds a delay before the vertex animation starts.
- The keyframe rate of the animation is multiplied by this value. It doesn't actually change the animation's duration however, making it of little use.
For vertex animation:
$boneflexdriver "flexAnimBone" tx "my_vca_name" 0 1 $boneflexdriver "flexAnimBone" ty "multi_my_vca_name" 0 1