Warriors of the Apocalypse
Warriors of the Apocalypse is a Half-Life 2 multiplayer modification with a post-apocalyptic setting, currently in development with a focus on teamplay and realistic infantry combat.
- 4 teams: Raiders, Mutants, UMA (paramilitary organization) and Villagers.
- Ironsights and increased recoil for a more realistic feel than the average deathmatch.
- Unique vehicles- technicals, dune buggies, etc.
- Skill system that increases the damage and accuracy of each player as they accrue kills.
- Weapons such as bolt-action rifles, SMG's, shotguns, and a few novelty weapons such as a junk cannon and a brickbat.
- Weapon purchase system.
Several examples of the high-quality models, for weapons, vehicles, players, and props, can be found in the Work In Progress section of the mods forums. Developers routinely post in-game shots and renders in this forum.
Warriors of the Apocalypse began development around a year before the Source SDK was released, and up until very recently was in formal development for the Source Engine. Following a long string of difficulties with coding and moving art assets in-game, the mod leader Morgan decided a switch to another engine would be in the mods best interest. The switch was announced to the Unreal 3 engine in late December 2005.
However, the mod continues in development for the Source engine by the coder Pajari, and a beta version will be released within the next few months, time and sanity of the coder permitting.
Leader: Morgan, who also is one of the modelers and level designers.
- Warriors of the Apocalypse - the official website.