From Valve Developer Community
This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to a higher standard of quality because:
The UI contains three major areas:
The top edge of the screen is the main menu. From here you can load and save VMT files, undo and redo actions, and configure your workspace.
- The Properties window is where the material properties are edited. Any user could set the properties to get the desired look or the material to be worked on.Tip:You can use your scroll wheel to increase or decrease most values. There are three modifier keys to help with this:
- For increments of 0.1, use
- For increments of 10, use
- To lock the value to 0-1, use
- The engine viewport shows whatever environment the game has currently loaded. You can flip control to and from the game with , and maximise your view with .
- The preview window shows the current material as it may render. You can manipulate your view by holding Note:Some shaders may not show correctly, so the effect may not be entirely accurate. to rotate, to zoom, and to move on the mouse.
To do: Add links