This template is our holder for all inputs assigned through
CBaseEntity. The template has a very specific syntax that you must follow to apply properly, because new games have added new features throughout the years. See Help:Templates for more info on named parameters.
No parameters: display inputs for ALL games.
Base: display inputs that have only existed since whatever game added the class (most have existed since HL2, the first Source game).
Game as a parameter: display the inputs that
base displays, AND inputs that were added to the class, by the specified game. You can specify as many games as needed. You must specify ALL the games you want to include (e.g.
l4d2 will not automatically include
l4d inputs as well).
All parameters for this template:
prel4d- (DEPRECATED 9/28/18: This parameter existed to hide DispatchEffect for games (ones before l4d) that did not have it. There's many cases of similar inputs and keyvalues that aren't in absolutely everything, and making similar parameters for all of those simply isn't worth the trouble, especially considering having to comb through every existing use of those templates. Parameter is totally removed from code and affects nothing.)
For full documentation on this family of templates, see FGD Template Prototype. Still confused on something? Ask for help before editing this template.
CBaseEntityinputs are not covered here. See the talk page.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
- Dispatches a special effect from the entity's origin. Removed and replaced entirely by the particle system since .
- Dispatches a response to the entity. See Response and Concept.
- Adds to the entity's list of response contexts. Format is
- Remove a context from this entity's list. The name should match the key of an existing context.
- Removes all contexts from this entity's list.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.