From Valve Developer Community
Jump to: navigation, search

Is it really called VisLEAFS, and not VisLEAVES in plural? --Andreasen 07:53, 8 Mar 2006 (PST)

Danger, Will Robinson: If I happen upon this page one more time, and nobody has answered this, I will move the entire page to "Visleaves". --Andreasen 04:04, 12 Apr 2006 (PDT)

The compiler refers to them as leafs—ts2do 20:36, 12 Apr 2006 (PDT)

Consulting the wiktionary, the only correct plural is "leaves", and "leafs" is only the third person verb, like "It leafs.". It appears Valve made a gramatical error, along with the "Toronto Maple Leafs" hockey team (who is mocked for it). Sure, I'm for turning "visleafs" into a redirect, but I don't think we should encourage bad english just because of what I percieve as a bug. --Andreasen 21:59, 12 Apr 2006 (PDT) should be moved to leafs if anything because compilers never refer to anything as "visleafs" but as "leafs"...btw it isn't supposed to be correct english, it's supposed to be documentation of what Valve placed down (i.e. 'leafs')...oh wait, does it say VisLeafs? I did a search in the exes and found no match..also, I think it's referred to as "leafs" in computer programming[1]ts2do 22:14, 12 Apr 2006 (PDT)

So you're saying they're not refering to the same type of leaf then? I doubt it, but if you let me report this on the bugs page, we'll sooner or later get an explanation from Valve. If they are refering to a normal leaf, there's no use defending bad english just because most people don't know how to spell. --Andreasen 22:35, 12 Apr 2006 (PDT)

you best just e-mail Valve...they don't even look at that page I think—ts2do 22:40, 12 Apr 2006 (PDT)

Done. The link you provided doesn't actually advocate the use of "leafs". He's not talking about the plural form and he called files "leaves" just a few rows up, so it's probably just another misspelling. --Andreasen 22:59, 12 Apr 2006 (PDT)

Do you draw out a large brush which encloses whole areas like the buyzones in cs:s? or are they just small brushes on the floor? (for manual VisLeafing) Senica 08:36, 27 Mar 2007 (PDT)

Um, no. Use brush faces textured with the hint texture. --Darthkillyou 12:26, 13 May 2008 (PDT)