I've been talking with Greg about adding translations.
MediaWiki can handle UTF-8, so adding non-English contents is OK. However, many users may lack fonts to display them correctly(try Japanese contents example in Greg's page), even if contents are displayed right people can't read them.
So we need to separate translated articles from main categories. Also we need to name it in a way that shows it's not in English.
My idea is adding a category to each language(e.g. Category:Japanese), and naming translated article with a sign (e.g. ":jp"). Also in time we'll add links (perhaps in the form of small flag images) to each translated article from the original.
What do you think about it? --RumikoHoshino
it sounds good I think
I want to translate english tutorial pages into german like someone else, too
right now I'm finnishing the Translation of Beginner_Portal_Map_Tutorial:de
are there some other pages to translate?
--Sacaldur 12:41, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
- Any page that doesn't have a :de link needs one. I don't think there's a way to look up each page that doesn't have a German translation, but I like your enthusiasm. —Mattshu 18:07, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'm may not able to translate every single page on this Wiki, but I will try to translate all the most important one ;)
- e.g. Visleaf:de is a new page ;D
- --Sacaldur 13:43, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- there seems to be no translated tools pages... =/
- I'll create them in the next Time =)
- --Sacaldur 15:06, 10 May 2011 (UTC)