Whats the hold up on this tutorial?
- I have been working on a map entity that you would place but at the moment im having some problems with it triggering the next and previous points.
- Any assistance given will be reflected with a tutorial in the spot where this post's parent document is located.
ImaTard 21:57, 3 Feb 2006 (PST)
ImaTard 11:39, 4 Feb 2006 (PST)
Im done with the entity, anyone who cares to inquire as to how i accomplished this please let me know if you are interested in the code. being posted here.
ImaTard 02:16, 5 Feb 2006 (PST)
- Points can be taken out of order if you are crafty... it doesnt kill the game too badly, but its definitely something that you coders will want to try to solve.
What is it?
Maybe it's just because I don't know about coding, but what is this "push gameplay" thing about anyway? It's linked on the main level design page as if it's something important for everyone.
It seems like it should be repositioned (so it's not portrayed as being important for everyone), or have a mention of WHY it's so useful (if I've missed something). MMAN
- A quick read suggests that it's basic code for the style of capture-the-points where you have a line of points and you have to hold the previous point before you can capture the next one. I'd refer you to a particular TF map as a style reference, but it's been a while ... --Giles 16:39, 5 Mar 2007 (PST)
The really odd thing about this page is it has nothing to do with what imatard wrote. In fact its supposed to be about PUSH GAMEPLAY. Where a player must advance no matter what. Because of that im going to re write all the work and this oage as well as give you a copy on your page.--Gear 02:35, 27 Jul 2007 (PDT)
Failure to Push
One thing that needs to be added to this article are the limitations surrounding Push gameplay. HL2 is very unique in that players can utilize the gravity gun. With it players can stack physics objects creating access to areas or things the designer did not originally intend the player to be able to reach or interact with. This is just one limitation of Push gameplay, there are others. If someone else wants to tackle this that would be great. --Kal Esh 11:41, 9 Sep 2007 (PDT)
- Yeah but not all mods have the grav gun really now days. Also yeah ill take care of this article.--Gear 14:08, 9 Sep 2007 (PDT)
- I think that took care of it, but if you have your own suggestions and ideas, or want to restructure, have at it. Hectate 15:17, 10 Nov 2007 (PST)