Talk:List of HL2 Soundscapes
...I originally just dumped the list of 245 soundscapes here, from where I had them on my site , and want to say the continued work on this list is outstanding, thanks. --wisemx 05:39, 4 Aug 2005 (PDT)
Using HL2 soundscapes in CS:S
Can you use these in counter strike? all I did was put an env soundscape in and named it "prison.util_quiet_cellblock" and nothing happened. True_Unity 17:33, 6 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- The most reliable way of working this out would be to load up CS:S and then try to play the soundscape using the console, rather than an entity. Type
playsoundscapefollowed by the name of the soundscape you want to play, then when you exit the console, the soundscape should start playing. I'd test it myself, but I don't have CS:S installed, sorry.
- If you can't get it to work, writing your own (inc. recreating/copying the HL2 one you want) seems daunting but is really very straightforward. See Soundscapes. --Giles 00:56, 7 Jun 2006 (PDT)
ya only the counter strike soundscapes work in counter strike True_Unity 14:20, 10 Jun 2006 (PDT)
I was thinking about adding in the new soundscapes from ep1 but i wanted to ask if that was alright before i did anything.--Gear 16:48, 28 Jul 2007 (PDT)
Directional sound descriptions
I was getting a little frustrated digging around in these every time I needed something and so decided to set up some of the sounds in a chamber with the eight directional markers distributed regularly around the perimeter, so that I could just walk around and hear the directional effects. Some of them are a little hard to describe -- please check and edit. --Sagesource 17:49, 30 Jul 2008 (PDT)
I should add that I'm using stereo earphones with the sound turned quite high, so sounds may appear to you softer than I describe. --Sagesource 18:14, 30 Jul 2008 (PDT)
Top plan of the chamber arrangement I'm using for testing:
available in all games?
are these available in all games? I only ask, as there are shared materials, sounds, models etc. so it seems logical soundscapes are shared too. and if so, we need to add a note into there Kizzycocoa 09:33, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
A lot of stuff is in shared or base but I know some materials are specific to Episode 2 so I'd imagine some sounds would be as well. --Omnicoder 12:57, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
- actually, I did some digging.
- portal can play most of these soundscapes with the appropriate scripts. as they're text files, it shouldn't be a problem to release them on the internet.
- it can probably go into that patch we planned for portal.
- on a seperate side note, is there an external soundscape player? or one that is list-oriented, not command-line-oriented? Kizzycocoa 13:45, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
this soundscape produces a wierd, almost voice-like sound that will stay with the player no matter if they go into another trigger soundscape or not. a bug perhaps? should be listed anyway. thoughts? Kizzycocoa 19:14, 3 February 2010 (UTC)