Room Setup Tool (Alpha Version)
The previous version of the tool is also available for devs if needed:
- First, set up your VR headset and at least 1 controller.
- Launch SteamVR.
- Browse to SteamVR/tools/room_setup_tool_dev/win64/ and launch.
- On your monitor you should see a window displaying the top down 2D view is shown where bounds can be modified with the mouse.
- Move the headset and controller to a location where they are all positionally tracked.
- Put on the headset and pick the controller.
- Press the Menu Button on the controller at any time to place the Main Menu in space.
- Use the trigger to press the Reset button on the Main Menu.
- Stand in the center of your playspace facing the primary direction while clicking the button to continue.
- Drag the floor height node down. (If you set the other controller on the ground it can help for judging the correct floor height.)
- Drag the Collision Bounds to the walls, obstructions or edge of tracking zone.
- The Play Area is shown in green on the floor. You can move the Tracking Center and Play Area by dragging the blue circle at chest height.
- Rotation of the Play Area can be modified with the node at the edge of the blue circle. This also affects the primary facing direction of the tracked space.
- Press the Track Pad Button to cycle different Play Area sizes and find the best fit for your space.
- Use the Main Menu to Save. It will bring up the menu button prompt if saving was successful.