Command-line startup options
You can launch the SFM directly from Steam, as you would any other game. If you like, when you launch the SFM, you can use certain command-line switches, such as for loading a specific session or for loading a file that specifies certain movie settings or render settings. To do this, in Steam, right-click Source Filmmaker, click Properties, click the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS button, and use one or more of the following command-line switches:
- filePath is the complete path of the file
- sessionFile is the complete name of the session file, including the extension
- movieSettingsFile is the complete name of the movie settings file, including the extension
- renderSettingsFile is the complete name of the render settings file, including the extension
You can also use these switches in a command prompt or in a desktop shortcut.
Raising shadow map resolution
The default is 2048, possible values are powers of two: 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192.
- -game - Sets the "game mod" SFM uses. The default is usermod.
- -insecure - Disables VAC protection. (Not that SFM uses it, however...)
- -mocap - Makes some mocap features in SFM appear.
- -monitortexturesize - Size of RT_camera monitor textures. The default is 256.
- -nop4 - Disables Perforce in SFM.
- -nostartwizard - SFM won't show the "New session"/"Open recent session" window when it starts.
- -nosteam - Launch SFM without Steam.
- -reflectiontexturesize - Size of water reflection textures. The default is 1024.
- -sfm_noautosave - Disables autosaving.
- -sfm_resolution - Change the maximum resolution SFM can render. You can learn more about this launch option here.
- -sfmcomicmaker - Enables the unfinished comic-maker in SFM.
- -sixense - Requires -mocap to be present to work.
- -usevgui - Allows SFM to use the "classic" engine window GUI.