Note: Gel needs to have Paint in Map set to True in
worldspawnbefore applying on surfaces. Maps that do not use gel can save significant resources by avoiding gel code.
Bug: Paint bombs that do not have a
modelkeyvalue set will display a warning message in the console each time they spawn. This can be set to any valid model (such as
error.mdl, which would already be loaded), and is not actually rendered or used in any way.
Note: Paint bombs use the futbol model (
props/futbol.mdl) for their collisions. Standalone mods that use paint bombs must include this model in order for them to work correctly. The materials are not needed.
- Paint Type
- The type of paint to explode.
- 0 : Bounce
- 2 : Speed
- 3 : Portal
- 4 : Erase
- Bomb Type
- The type of explosion.
- 0 : Dry Bomb
- 1 : Wet Bomb
- Allow Portal Funneling
- Whether or not this object should auto-funnel into a portal.
- Play Spawn Sound
- Whether or not this bomb should play a sound on spawn.
- Allow SilentDissolve input
- Allow the SilentDissolve input to dissolve this bomb.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Dissolves the paint bomb.
- Kills the paint bomb and fires its OnFizzled output.
- Enable portal funneling behavior.
- Disable portal funneling behavior.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Fired when a paint bomb is fizzled.
- Fired when a paint bomb explodes.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.