Hammer Torus Properties
From Valve Developer Community
The Torus tool allows you to make complicated curved shapes, such as pipes. The graphic preview gives an approximation of how the final torus will look with the settings chosen.
Note:Tori aren't actually primitives, but rather collections of a finite amount of brushes of different shapes.
- This button will redraw the graphic preview of the torus using the current settings.
- Wall width
- This is the width of the individual pieces of the torus. You can extend the torus walls outward by using a negative value here.
- Number of Sides
- You can enter a value here between 3 and 100.
- This is the number of degrees the torus will span. You can enter a value here that is between 8 and 360. Clicking the Circle button will automatically insert 360.
- Start Angle
- This lets you adjust the angle of the torus pieces, by setting the degree that the first piece is created:
- Cross-Section Radius
To do: Description
- Rotation Sides
- The amount of faces/sides in total volume of the torus.
- Rotation Arc
- The amount of rotations in degrees. (360 = one complete rotation)
- Rotation Start Angle
- The angle which the arc starts at.
- Rotation Height
- The amount of units the shape will curve upwards or downwards. This option is currently unusable and generates invalid brushes.