Eternal Silence Level Design
Eternal Silence maps are unique. They require 3 main things in order to work without errors. In order for the map to show space properly, you must place:
A Indoor Area
- It needs at least 2 func_subsytem's (one for each team)
- It needs at least 2 info_es_spawn's (one for each team)
A Space Box
- The space box is very similar to a 3d sky box, but it is allowed to render before the indoor areas.
- It's scale is 1/40 or 0.025
- It needs to have at least one space_capship prop in it.
- It should have a func_desertion to prevent players from crashing into it's boundaries.
A Sky Box
- It needs a sky_camera
- It should have a light_environment.
Things to consider
Your sky box must be larger than your space box. It's border must also extend past the map. If you don't do this, you will experience hall of mirror effects when looking at the sky. In most cases, this can be fixed by increasing the sky box size and scale.
If your indoor area is X long, then it should be at least X units away from it's space cameras. This prevents a rare glitch were the space camera renders twice in your map.