IRC is the primary hub for talking about modding dota. If you are already familiar with IRC, you can join us on
- English Only.
- Be concise with your questions. Know what you are asking and it will probably get answered
- Don't spam
- Use an external service for posting your code, like pastebin or hastebin. Do not post code to the channel.
- Be helpful! If you know the answer to someone's question, answer it.
There are a few bots in the irc channel. They can be used to assist you.
- lebot by RoyAwesome. Indexes the lua API and maintains the wiki
- Renol by SinZ. Sends memos (offline messages), stored keywords, and api searching
- idler2 by VoiDeD. Reports the status of the Dota 2 servers and when Dota 2 is updated.