The console provides a command-line interface for the advanced configuration of Source games. Just about any configuration task can be completed from the console, and in fact many have to be.
Abilitare la console
La console inizia disabilitata per impostazione predefinita. Per abilitarla, carica il gioco e visita Opzioni > Tastiera > Avanzate. Ci sarà un pop-up che includerà due opzioni, una delle quali etichettata "Enable Developer Console". Una volta abilitata, può essere aperta e chiusa premendo il pulsante sopra , conosciuto come "tilde".
The grey box across the bottom of the console window is where commands are entered. They come in two forms: commands and variables. Commands are simply keywords, but variables ("cvars") require a value of some sort before they are accepted. When setting a cvar you might type something like this :
When you've finished typing, hit or to submit. You'll see everything you type 'echoed' to the console with a preceding
A few notes:
- Multiple values are separated with spaces. If a value contains a space, surround it with quote marks. (e.g.
say "Hello everyone on the server".)
- The console will suggest commands and sometimes values in a pop-out box beneath the input field. Press / to navigate the list and to accept the highlighted suggestion.
- Only "archived" cvars are stored after the game closes. Use autoexec if you want to set any others when a game loads.
- Some commands are serverside, others clientside. In multiplayer you can only set clientside ones.
- There are many command prefixes. The most common are
- The ever-useful
findcommand searches console command names and descriptions for the term you provide.
- Similar to the find command above, but searches for entities within the map by name.
help <command name>
- Displays any help text for a command, without affecting its value.
- Most cvars that affect gameplay, especially in multiplayer games, are flagged as "cheats". Submit
sv_cheats 1to unlock them.
- Allows you to fly trough your level without player collisions. Requires
sv_cheatsto be set to 1.
- Developer mode enables more verbose console output, enables cheats and the console automatically, and makes various other useful changes. If set to
2, the last few lines of console output will be printed at the top of the screen as well.
- Use one of these commands if you want to record what goes on in the console for later use.
con_logwrites output constantly, while
condumprecords only when invoked.
- Developer Console Control - Per i programmatori.
- Console Command List - Elenco parziale dei comandi e delle variabili della console.
- Category:Console commands - Elenco di articoli scritti per i comandi della console.
- Category:Console variables - Elenco di articoli scritti per le variabili della console.