Defense of the Ancients (Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne mod)/en
Defense of the Ancients (DotA Allstars or DotA; retroactively Dota 1) is a free mod which just a custom map for the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Some newer versions are compatible with Warcraft III: Reforged and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. It is a prequel to .
The developer of this game were later acquired by Valve, in order to develop a sequel, called , around that time, there was a legal issue regarding the ownership of "DOTA" trademark, which Valve was sued by Blizzard. Both company settled in 2012, with Valve having the right to use "DOTA" IP commercially. Dota 2 was later released in 2013.
It heavily changed the gameplay without using many new assets.
The map has always had 3 lanes.[confirm] Players call them the top, middle (or mid) and bottom (or bot), respectively.
Herzog Zwei had some unusual gameplay, but there were no major obstacles, destructible towers, fixed lanes, lane creeps which respawn for free, neutral creeps which respawn for free, Roshan, Runes, fountains.
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos had a map Defense of the Ancients by Eul...[Clarify]
- Confirm:DotA Allstars 0.60 is a modded version of DotA TFT 7.0. DotA TFT 7.0 by I3latant_Abuse [?] was released on 22/10/03.
- Confirm:DotA TFT 7.0 is also a modded version of DotA TFT 1.8 by GEO. DotA TFT 2.5 was released on 30/07/03.
- Confirm:DotA TFT 1.8 is also a modded version of Eul Original DotA, Eul's Defense of the Ancients 2.9.
- How popular is this game? What is its background?
- The basic core concept of the game stretches back almost 10 years to the early days of StarCraft with a mod called Aeon of Strife and then afterwards with Valley of Dissent followed by RoC-DotA on Warcraft 3 by Euls. They had a relatively small but loyal playerbase. After the release of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, many more mods of this concept took form. One of these was mods was DotA-Allstars, originally a collection of the most popular heroes from the other mods, initially developed by Meian followed by Guinsoo and then Neichus. Another DotA mod called DotA-Chaos was building up popularity in China at this time.
IceFrog's main focus and goals in the past 5 or so years have been to dramatically redesign and rebalance the original game concept and expand on it in order to make it a more enjoyable and engaging game for both casual and competitive players. In the last 2 years, the mod has seen an explosive increase in new players as well as acceptance into many e-sports organizations, growing from a few tens of thousands of players many years ago to the many millions of players it has right now. It is still growing more and more with each passing day.
I appreciate all the support and feedback that the fans provide, I would not have the motivation to develop this game every day without them.
|Date||Latest between||Stable between||Ver||Size||DD||RN||Heroes||Sources and notes|
|2004-01-09||0.60||34T, 17Se, 17Sc||The first version according to some sources|
|2004-04-09||4.0beta2||The first version with Roshan and Runes|
|2004-05-04||5.31||The first version with Aegis of the Immortal|
|2004-05||between 5.37 and 5.40||The first version with Refresher Orb|
|2004-10-23||5.78||The earliest version accessible with the WM|
|2005-03-01||6.0||Some describe it as the first version comparable to the...|
|2006-01-10 or earlier||6.27b||2.3 MB||1||1||The earliest version that can be downloaded from the WM|
|6.33||The first version with Empty Bottle|
|2015-06-09||6.83d||7.8 MB||1||The latest version that can be downloaded from the WM|
|2010-11-05||6.69c||1||The latest update exclusive to Defense of the Ancients (Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne mod).|
|2010-12-24||6.70||7.8 MB||1||The latest update of Defense of the Ancients (Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne mod). The first update that will appear as.[confirm]|
|6.86.25||37.6 MB||Download page. Compatible with Warcraft III: Reforged and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.|
- Installing DotA by Valorian
- DotA AI & Bots by Lycan
- Playing Online / DotA Platforms by UTDC.Justin - via Battle.net
- Files are named like DotA Allstars v5.78.w3x or DotA v6.83d.w3x.
- The Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and DotA doesn't have automatic updates over Internet like .
- Latest and stable
- What is the difference between Latest Map and Stable Map
- The Latest Map always has new and experimental features. The Stable Map is the recommended version for tournament use.