From Valve Developer Community
Entity Descriptionambient_generic but with a different sound library: Audiere. This is useful for looping map music and playing sounds that play through the map exit, such as victory sounds. All sounds will play everywhere.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Sound File
- Path to sound file. Supported types: OGG, MP3, WAVE and FLAC. Note when you browse and select a sound it will look like for example: 'FX/ball_fx1.wav'. You must add a 'sound/' prefix to the file path, like so: 'sound/FX/ball_fx1.wav'. Also note for OGG and FLAC files you must manually type the file path in the Sound File field as the Hammer Sound Browser only shows MP3 and WAVE.
- Volume (set between 0 and 1.0)
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Starts the sound.
- Stops the sound.
- 1 - Start Active
- 2 - Loop Sound
- 4 - Stop sound on map exit (otherwise sound will still play through the menu)