Have a question or problem that you feel requires a Site Administrator? Post to the Administrators' noticeboard!
Please don't edit the archives.
- 10 October 2006
- 2 February 2008
- 21 January 2009
- 27 July 2009
- 20 July 2010
- 13:27, 13 May 2011
- 11:33, 1 May 2012
User permissions - could I be 'autoconfirmed'?
Hi there. I took some screenshots of some basic examples of Logic Gates in Puzzle Maker for use on this page, however I am unable to upload files as I am not in the 'autoconfirmed' user group. Are you able to add me to the autoconfirmed user group via Special:UserRights? RJackson 09:27, 13 May 2012 (PDT)
- That is odd, you should already be a confirmed user. Have you set and authenticated your email address in your user preferences? It's under My preferences > User profile > E-mail options. --JeffLane 10:52, 14 May 2012 (PDT)
I have problem with images uploading. I have error: Could not rename file "/tmp/phpO78Nz6" to "public/a/a4/P2PM_glass.png". --Mehiller 11:09, 14 May 2012 (PDT)
- Is this a new image? Try it again. In future, please use the Administrators' noticeboard for this kind of issue. --JeffLane 11:30, 14 May 2012 (PDT)
Puzzle Maker Page
Hi, Jeff. I was looking at improving the layout of the Puzzle Maker page and a thought struck me; right now the page is basically a hub for how-to content, but wouldn't it make more sense if the how-to stuff was moved to the category index to be more consistant with the rest of the wiki?
For example, the Hammer page only describes what Hammer is, along with a brief history. The actual level design how-to hub is on the Level Design category index (and the same goes for the Portal 2 Level Design category index.
Right now I'm playing with layouts in my sandbox; after discussing it with a few people, I really think it belongs on the category index. Keeping in mind that the 'wiki' link in the actual editor links directly to the Portal 2 Puzzle Maker page, I wanted to get your position (or even Yasser's) before I go moving things around. Cheers. --Nacimota Talk | Contributions 22:19, 22 May 2012 (PDT)
- Seems reasonable, though consistent with the rest of the wiki is less important than what is effective. You will need to propose a plan for the existing page as it is the entry point and should not be a redirect. --JeffLane 13:51, 23 May 2012 (PDT)
- Yeah, I had no plans on making it a redirect. What I figured we would have is a page describing the Puzzle Maker in a similar fashion to the page that describes Hammer, but perhaps with more detail. I was thinking at the top and bottom we could put something like "for help using the Puzzle Maker, see Category:Portal 2 Puzzle Maker", or something to that effect. --Nacimota Talk | Contributions 09:20, 24 May 2012 (PDT)
Page Organization Help
Excume but If you got a quick sec, I need a little help on organizing a tutorial that I'm working on. What could I do to simplify it? Alternative Multi-Stop Elevator --Kwp17pitts 18:18, 22 June 2012 (PDT)
How to become an autoconfirmed user
Hi, I'd like to write an article that require images but I can't upload them because I'm not an autoconfirmed user. What should I do to become one ? I already confirm my email adresse twice so the problem does not come from here ;)
New wave of spam
The latest bout of spam seems different than before, i got this message when i tried to flag a newly created spam page: User account "Renal Disease Diets" is not registered. Please check if you want to create/edit this page. What does this mean, exactly? Should these pages and users be tagged as usual? Solokiller 01:26, 6 September 2012 (PDT)
- I think it's just because the spammer's created a User:Page instead of the pages they usually create. —Mattshu 07:31, 6 September 2012 (PDT)
- That is correct. It's just a page created in the user namespace. Deleted. --JeffLane 12:45, 6 September 2012 (PDT)
Problem uploading images
I'm trying to upload an image to accompany a tutorial that I'm writing for creating a working radar mini-map in CS:GO. Yet everytime I try to upload the image by clicking "upload file" the page seems to refresh and my file doesn't appear on the list of uploaded wiki images. I am fairly new to uploading images. Am I doing anything wrong? --Nicky Da B 21:01, 29 July 2013 (PDT)
- If it is giving an error message after you press the "Upload file" button, post it here. Also, to prevent vandalism and spam, your account needs to be confirmed for 5 days and have made 10 valid edits before images can be uploaded. --JeffLane 12:12, 30 July 2013 (PDT)
- It does not throw an error message after I press the "Upload file" button". I am an autoconfirmed user.--Nicky Da B 13:28, 1 August 2013 (PDT)
Thanks for the info on reporting spam, I'm new to this. --Tigerslicer 18:39, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
Current wave of spam
Valve Game remake
Hello. As i understand, you work for Valve Software, right? I would like to start developing a remake of one of Valve's games, but I still don’t know which staff member should I write to ask permission. Ivan Knyazev (talk) 10:05, 28 August 2020 (UTC)