From Valve Developer Community
- First Stop Target
- The name of the first path_track in the train's path. The train will spawn at this path_track. It will also turn to face direction indicated by the 'Orientation Type' setting.
- Max Speed (units / second)
- The maximum speed that this train can move. Any speeds applied to this train, such as by path_tracks or
SetSpeedinputs, will be clipped to this maximum value.
- Initial Speed (units / second)
- The speed that the train will move at after it spawns, 0 = stopped.
- Change Velocity
- The method through which this train changes its velocity as it moves along the path.
- 0 : Instantaneously
- 1 : Linear blend
- 2 : Ease in/ease out
- Change angles
- The method through which this train changes its orientation as it moves along the path.
- 0 : Never (always fixed orientation)
- 1 : Near paths
- 2 : Linear blend
- 3 : Ease in/ease out
- Distance Between the Wheels
- Used for turning and stopping.
- Tip:Increase the value for smoother turns.
- Height above track
- The height above the track that this train moves.
- Bank Angle on Turns
- The angle at which the train will "bank" or tilt when approaching a turn. Use positive or negative angle numbers close to 0 (ie. between -5 and +5, depending on left or right) to achieve realistic tilt angles.
- Damage on Crush
- The amount of damage this train does to entities that block it.
- Minimum Light Level
- The minimum level of ambient light that hits this brush.
- Move Sound
- A sound that is played (and looped) while the train is moving.
- Move Ping Sound
- A sound that is played more frequently as the train speeds up.
- Start Sound
- A sound played when the train starts moving.
- Stop Sound
- A sound played when the train stops moving.
- Volume (10 = loudest)
- Volume of the sound when the train is moving.
- Min pitch (1-255, > 100 = higher)
- The sound pitch value that the train will approach as it comes to a stop.
- Max pitch (1-255, > 100 = higher)
- The sound pitch value that the train will approach as it approaches its max speed (or 1000 inches/second if the 'Use max speed for pitch shifting move sound' flag is not set).
- Min move sound interval
- Minimum interval at which to play the move ping sound.
- Max move sound interval
- Maximum interval at which to play the move ping sound.
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Render Mode (rendermode)
- Set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity.
- Render FX / Transparency (0 - 255) (renderamt)
- Transparency amount, requires a Render Mode other than Normal. 0 is invisible, 255 is fully visible.
- Render Color (R G B) (rendercolor)
- Color tint.
- Disable Receiving Shadows (disablereceiveshadows)
- Prevent the entity from receiving shadows on itself.
- Render FX (renderfx)
- Preset pattern of appearance effects.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Disable shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevent the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
<choices>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once