Notepad++/VDF Language Plugins
Notepad++ is a free source code editor that supports custom text highlighting. Highlighting rules are available for many Valve languages. To install them:
- Download the languages on GitHub here
- Extract the XML files to
%appdata% should automatically resolve to a full path.
Supported file formats and files
- Generic VDF (.vdf)
- KeyValues2 (No default extension due to very large potential filesize)
- Response rules (.talker)
- Soundscripts (.soundscript)
- Materials (.vmt)
- Actbusy (.vdf)
- Soundscapes (.soundscape)
- QC (.qc, .qci)
- SMD (.smd, .vta)
- Weapon script (No appropriate extension)
- FGD (.fgd)
- VBSP (.vbsp)
You can see the custom extensions which had been set up for this purpose in the list above.
If you want to set a language manually in Notepad++, use the
Compiling QC model scripts
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alien swarm\bin\studiomdl.exe" -nop4 -r "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"
Press OK to compile.
- Legacy Version
- Highlighting and Compiling QCs with ConTEXT
- Gmod Lua Highlighter plugin
- Improved/Extended vmt syntax highlighter for Notepad++
<references> <ref name="rn684">https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/v6.8.4.html</ref> </references>