logic_auto is a point entity available in all Source games. It fires outputs immediately after a map loads, unlike most other entities that wait for input first. It can be set to check a global state before firing, which allows you to fire events based on what took place in a previous map.
OnBackgroundMap(exactly one of these, see below),
OnMultiNewMapin this order.
OnMultiNewRoundis actually fired in response to the game events
teamplay_round_startand does not depend on the
Global State to Read. When a round is reset, it is fired before the previous 3, but not when a map is loaded.
- Global State to Read
- If set, this specifies a global state to check before firing. Outputs are only fired if this global state exists and if it is turned on.
1] : Remove on fire
logic_autois deleted after firing. Delayed outputs will still work, however.
- Fired when the map is loaded for any reason including saves.
- Fired when the map is loaded to start a new game.
- Fired when the map is loaded from a saved game.
- Fired when the map is loaded due to a level transition.
- Fired when the map is loaded as a background to the main menu using
- Fired only in multiplayer, when a new map is loaded.Bug: Also fires when a new round starts, making it behave identically to
OnMultiNewRound, except that it is also fired when the map is loaded.
- Fired only in multiplayer, when a new round is started. Only fired in multiplayer games that use round-based gameplay.
- Fired when the map is loaded for any reason if the game is in low-violence mode.
- Fired when the map is loaded for any reason if the game is not in low-violence mode.