List of useful Portal models
This is a list of various standard models for Portal maps.
All of these are found in Models\Props\ or subdirectories thereof (subdirectories are listed with a preceding "\")
These are bits that make up the puzzles.
- Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device rotating pillar and base - pedestal_center_reference.mdl and pedestal_base_reference.mdl
- Aperture Science High Energy Pellet Launcher/Target - combine_ball_launcher.mdl and combine_ball_catcher.mdl
- Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill generator - portal_cleanser_1.mdl
- Aperture Science Vital Apparatus Vent - box_dropper.mdl, box_dropper_cover.mdl, and box_dropper_cover_broken.mdl
- Aperture Science Weighted Storage/Companion Cube (skin 0 and 1 respectively) - metal_box.mdl
- Aperture Science Weighted Sphere (skin 0 is plain, while skins 1-9 have red panels of varying brightness) - sphere.mdl
- Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator - glados_aperturedoor.mdl
- 1500-megawatt Aperture Science Heavy-Duty Supercolliding Superbutton - button_base_reference.mdl and button_top_reference.mdl
- Aperture Science Bed (in relaxation vault) - bed_body_reference.mdl and bed_cover_reference.mdl
- Complementary victory lift - lift_platform.mdl
- Light rail platforms (two styles) - light_rail_platform.mdl or light_rail_platform_02.mdl
- Light rail infrastructure - light_rail_corner.mdl, light_rail_endcap.mdl, and light_rail_wall_emitter.mdl
- Round door frames (two) - door_01_frame_reference.mdl or door_01_frame_wide_reference.mdl
- Round door pieces - door_01_lftdoor_reference.mdl and door_01_rtdoor_reference.mdl
- Round elevator (Testing Chamber Interlock) - round_elevator_body.mdl, round_elevator_doors.mdl, \elevator_caps\elevator_caps.mdl, and \elevatorshaft_wall\elevatorshaft_wall.mdl
- Sign frames (exit/direction indicators etc.) - sign_frame01.mdl (single) and sign_frame02.mdl (dual)
- Small button on pillar - switch_001.mdl
- Square door - door_02.mdl
- Portal frame - autoportal_frame.mdl
Primarily for decoration.
- Cake - \cake\cake.mdl
- Ceiling light - \glados_ceiling_light\glados_ceiling_light.mdl
- Floor turret (for props) - turret_01.mdl
- Intercom - \speaker_system01\speaker_system01.mdl or speaker_system02.mdl
- Pillars from GLaDOS room antechamber - \glados_pillar\glados_pillar.mdl
- Radio (85.2 FM) - radio_reference.mdl
- Vital testing apparatus (Cameras) - security_camera.mdl and Security_Camera_prop_reference.mdl (the former is probably for the functional NPC entity, and the latter for props lying around)
Other folders containing miscellaneous bits.
- models\props_animsigns\ - Contains the large signs for the test chambers
- models\props_bts\ - Contains pistons, cube transport tubes, rocket sentry, and other models. BTS presumably stands for 'Behind the Scenes'.