From Valve Developer Community
- 1 Half-Life 2 Hacks
- 2 Mod Your World (DVD Серия)
- 2.1 DVD 1: 3D Content Creation with SOFTIMAGE|XSI
- 2.2 DVD 2: Character Design & Integration with Half-Life 2
- 2.3 DVD 3: Create Your World
- 2.4 DVD 4: Activate Your World
- 2.5 DVD 5: Advanced Character Animation
- 2.6 DVD 6: Character Design & Integration with HL®2 and 3D Studio Max
- 2.7 DVD 7: Custom Props & Animation for Source Powered Games with Maya
- 3 Mod Development per Half Life 2
- 4 The Hows and Whys Of Level Design
- 5 Half Life 2 Mods for Dummies
Half-Life 2 Hacks
- Автор: Mark Holt Walker
- Мягкая Обложка: 304 страниц
- Издатель: O'Reilly; 1 издание (Март 1, 2006)
- Язык: Английский
- ISBN: 0596101309
- Аннотация: The bestselling Half-Life computer game has won more than 50 game-of-the-year awards from publications around the world. Valve's latest release, Half-Life 2, has been tabbed "the greatest PC game ever" by the gaming press. With its gripping single-player campaign, immersive story, and breathtaking visuals, it's no wonder that millions of gamers have already snatched it up.
- But if you're just playing the game start to finish, you haven't seen the half of Half-Life 2. Half-Life 2 Hacks is the must-have strategy guide for gamers who are adventurous enough to explore all the modifications, tweaks, Easter eggs, and conversions that can make the game even more intense and challenging.
- Half-Life 2 is wildly popular with "modders" who push the game to its outer limits by constructing new levels, developing software that prevents cheating in multiplayer games, and building entirely new mods (whole new games, in essence) based on the Half-Life 2 engine. Author Mark Walker, a veteran electronic entertainment industry journalist and syndicated "GameGuy" columnist knows what a phenomenal game Half-Life 2 is--and how much more phenomenal you can make it with the right tricks, tweaks, and hacks.
- Walker's Half-Life 2 Hacks opens up Half-Life 2's anomalies, cheats, and Easter Eggs and covers all the essential hacking and modding tips and tools you need to master and modify the greatest PC game ever. Along with cool tactics and strategy ploys, the book provides a collection of weapon, level, and vehicle hacks and explains things like how to beat the beasts and bosses that block your path.
- Half-Life 2 Hacks even shows you how to get started on designing your own Half-Life 2 levels, textures, models, and downloadable maps as well as playing mods from others. There's no better guide to the countless ways you can enjoy the unbelievably intense and realistic Half-Life 2.
- Купить: Amazon
Mod Your World (DVD Серия)
- Разработчики: Noesis Interactive
- Языки: Английский, Испанский
- Аннотация: Noesis Interactive works to expand knowledge and creativity among Video Gamers around the world. Designed by gamers, for gamers, our MOD Your World DVD series will put you on the fast track to designing, building and integrating 3D characters, props and maps into your favorite games – beginning with Half Life 2.
- Working with industry leaders like Valve and Softimage, Noesis Interactive dissects and streamlines the entire process into easy-to-understand lessons. No matter what your current skill level, we’ll have you Modding in no time.
DVD 1: 3D Content Creation with SOFTIMAGE|XSI
- Аннотация: Focuses on teaching how to "Build Your Character". Learn the nuts and bolts of texture application, generate props from scratch, and follow step-by-step instructions for creating biped characters. The DVD covers the basics of SOFTIMAGE|XSI software including 3D layout, modeling, texturing, prop and character modeling and provides you with all the shortcuts and tips you need to know to get to the goal – integrating your own characters, props and maps into video games.
DVD 2: Character Design & Integration with Half-Life 2
- Abstract: Focuses on creating and implementing your own characters within Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. Using custom templates, you'll begin by quickly transforming ordinary facial photos to Deathmatch in no time. Then you’ll learn how to use the extensive character creation tools in SOFTIMAGE|XSI. Demystify rigging, weighting and enveloping and learn how to prepare your models to be exported to various game engines. Finally, learn how to test, perfect, and export your 3D characters from SOFTIMAGE|XSI into Half-Life 2 Deathmatch.
- Купить: Noesis Interactive (для XSI)
- Купить: Noesis Interactive (для Maya)
- Купить: Valve Store (для XSI)
DVD 3: Create Your World
- Аннотация: Create Your World teaches you advanced level design by focusing on designing and constructing your own custom levels within Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2, and other Source SDK powered games. Learn the fundamentals of Hammer as well as advanced texturing, displacements, functionality and optimization techniques.
DVD 4: Activate Your World
- Аннотация: Custom Props & Animation for Source Powered Games allows you to further "Activate Your World". You’ll learn the basics of 3D animation in SOFTIMAGE®|XSI®, build an animation library and create dynamic props that can be walked on, picked up, broken apart and brought to life within Source powered games.
DVD 5: Advanced Character Animation
- Аннотация: Advanced Character Animation teaches how to "Evolve Your Character" by focusing on bringing your character to life by animating or applying motion capture data to your own custom design characters within Half-Life 2.
DVD 6: Character Design & Integration with HL®2 and 3D Studio Max
- Аннотация: Character Design & Integration with HL®2 and 3D Studio Max shows how you can Share Your Character'by focusing on creating and implementing your own characters within Half-Life®2 Deathmatch™. You'll begin by using custom templates to quickly transform ordinary facial photos to Deathmatch adversaries in no time. Then learn the powerful Autodesk® 3ds MAX® character creation toolset while you rig, weight, apply UV maps and prepare your models to be exported to various game engines.
DVD 7: Custom Props & Animation for Source Powered Games with Maya
- Аннотация: Custom Props & Animation for Source Powered Games with Maya allows you to "Activate Your World" by customizing your own levels dynamic props. You'll begin by learning the basics of 3D animation in Autodesk's® Maya® 8. Then, export your creations and learn to manipulate them within the powerful Hammer™ level editor. Before you know it you'll be creating dynamic objects that can be walked on, picked up, broken apart and brought to life within Source powered games.
Mod Development per Half Life 2
- Автор: Borrelli Ciro
- Язык: Итальянский
- Страницы: 330 страниц
- Аннотация: In this book many aspects are exposed related to the realization of a Half Life 2 Mod Development, particularly way the realization of maps, of models 3D, the application of the textures and the realization of new.
- Купить: lulu.com
The Hows and Whys Of Level Design
- Автор: Sjoerd De Jong ("Hourences")
- Язык: Английский
- Страницы: 152 страниц
- Аннотация: This book covers both the visual and artistic side as well as the gameplay aspect of level design. Don’t expect any technical how-to tutorials in this book, this book is about the "why". Rather than writing yet another tutorial/book about how to create a virtual room this book is about how to make that room look cool and play well. Expect tips and techniques as well as explanations of the logic and reasoning behind art and design decisions. How does the gameplay in a level work? What’s the reason this kind of architecture gives this kind of feeling or looks better in situation A or B? Why does this color combination work so well? What kind of floorplan can I best use to improve gameplay and why? What type of sound setup should I use? The book is well illustrated and offers many examples with pictures, nearly 120 to be exact. The book is intended to be universal.
Half Life 2 Mods for Dummies
- Автор: Erik Guilfoyle, MODSonline
- Мягкая обложка: 334 страниц
- Идзатель: Hungry Minds Inc,U.S.; Pap/Cdr издание (12 Янв 2007)
- Язык: Английский
- ISBN: 0470096314
- Аннотация: With more than 8 million retail units sold in the first release of the game, Half-Life 2 is one of the hottest games on the market. Game modder Erik Guilfoyle shows would-be game developers how to install the editor, create mods, make game maps, add textures and characters, publish and distribute mods, add a new level to play, and even change the rules of the game. It offers advice for readers to take advantage of freely available 3D game engines to allow them to cut straight to the fun part creating the game rather than having to first create the technology necessary to build the game.
- Примечание: Since you're reading this page, you have access to the VDC. This book offers nothing to you.