- Color tinting.
- Detail texturing.
- Specular reflections.
- Advanced flowing self-illumination, used on the Vortigaunts in Half-Life 2: Episode Two
- The flesh effect used for Alyx in Half-Life 2: Episode Two.
- Half-lambertian shading.
- Per-texel color modification via a warp texture.
- Diffuse reflections.
- Constant rimlight based on phong and the ambient lighting.
- Expensive and cheap transparency.
- Wrinklemaps for character faces.
- Vertex manipulation to give the effect of trees swaying in the wind.
- Use the base alpha to desaturate the base texture. Set to non-zero to enable, value gets multiplied into the alpha channel before desaturating.
- Ignore surface normal for flashlight. Useful for models with $nocull such as foliage. Otherwise lighting the face with a flashlight from behind will not affect it. It's 0 by default.
- To do: Use texcoord1 for detail texture
- Fence render hack for cascade shadow maps, allows shadow maps to work properly with fences.
- Disable cascade shadow map lookup/filtering, useful on dense foilage.
- Enables cloaking effects.
- 0 = fully visible, 1 = fully invisible.
- Colors the refraction effect. Default is white.
- How strong the refraction effect should be when the material is partially cloaked. Default 2.