Valve Developer Community talk:Release Notes
Post any questions or issues with the recent site upgrade here. You can click the (+) tab above to start a new discussion.
Be aware that the latest upgrade is only a first step, and other changes and improvements to the site are in development.
- Either way works, but a template is a little more flexible. The template offers the chance to easily change, replace, or extend the syntax of the tags down the road. --JeffLane 02:28, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, and the icon is different because the standard icon was a little too large and heavy to be included inside blocks of text. --JeffLane 02:30, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- We like how that icon turned out, too. :) The first part of the upgrade is focused purely on functionality. There are a number of visual changes planned down the road, of which this is one. --JeffLane 02:32, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
Allow SVG upload
- SVG should have already been enabled. We'll investigate. --JeffLane 20:18, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Simple merge error in the upgrade script. Should work now. --JeffLane 20:40, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
I didn't see this in the release notes, but I noticed the image scaler code was updated and PNGs can now be thumbnailed without the horrible artifacts, very nice. But, it seems it was a two edged sword as detailed GIF's are now even more mangled after thumbnailing. For example, Old VS New.
- PNG is a generally more useful format than GIF, but we'll look into it. --JeffLane 04:29, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
Another possible issue is the arrangement of multiple thumbnailed images, they are now forced to lie vertically were they used to be horizontal. For an example, the Navigation_Meshes article in the new WiKi format VS the old format. The issue does not show up when the caption frame is removed, but then the text summaries don't work. They can still be forced to lie horizontally with table formatting, but this may break page formatting on smaller screen resolutions. --brandished 22:48, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- We'll look into the issue. It's possible that the thumbnailed images will have to be done differently going forward. Gallery tags are a possibility, but they are not as flexible. --JeffLane 04:29, 19 January 2009 (UTC)