Valve Developer Community:Community portal
Welcome to the Valve Developer Community! From here on in you can forget Valve - every page you see with an edit tab, including this one, is likely written or at least altered by someone in the community (though Valve staff are sometimes among them). If you want to do the same, go right ahead! Otherwise, take a look at the Categories or run a seach to find what you want.
Some sites that may be of use to developers.
This is a list of alternate resource sites for Source games in alphabetical order. It is by no means complete but please, if you add to it keep to decent sites and do not link to simple map download databases.
- akilling.org - A collection of Mapping tutorials
- HL2 Mod Central - General tutorials
- Interlopers.net - News and general resources
- Nem's Tools - Several useful Source tools including GCFScape
- The Snarkpit - Mapping and modelling community site
- Sourceblog - General tutorials (Many on Texturing/Skinning)
- SourceWiki - Unofficial and older Source Wiki
- VERC - This site's predecessor, which offers primarily HL1 resources, it includes map maker and tutorials(Official)
- Wavelength - One of the original sources of HL1 editing material, now steadily servicing HL2
- Wunderboy.org - Several useful Source tools including VTFTool
Pages listing resources
Other pages with similar content, but slighty different target.
- CG Talk The largest and most useful model discussion/news site on the internet.
- Ken Birdwell's Gamasutra article - The Cabal: Valve’s Design Process For Creating Half-Life (registration required)
- Game Design Theory - Interesting for art directors, team leaders
- Texture Sites - So you can get new & fresh textures for your maps and mods.