VMF to SMD
|VMF to SMD|
|Date||31 Aug 2011|
|Prerequisites||.NET Framework 4.0|
This tool is aimed mainly at mappers, who want to create large-scale surrounding models for their maps. It is also aimed at modellers, who want to start off from a simple, Hammer-generated map-scale model, and carry on with the details from there. However, anyone who has use for this application should by all means use it.
- Choose unwanted textures — Choose the textures you wish the converter to disregard, meaning that all faces with that texture will not be converted to triangles.
- Support for Generic Map files — Supports the Generic Map format (used mainly in Goldsource map editors).
- Material folder selection — Select the materials folder to read the .VMT materials from. This is required if converting texture info, because the dimensions of the textures used are required for converting between the two types (UV vectors & shifts to UV vertex coordinates).
New in 1.1.0:
- Convert texture info — Choose whether or not to convert the texture application information. If selected, it is necessary that you choose a Map Material Folder, which contains all the materials not selected in the list above it.
- Calc Error — Change this only if any errors say to do so, you may also change this if you repeatedly get an error not related to textures during conversion. In the event of errors, please increase this value. I advise a value between 0.01 and 0.00001. Lower values improve the precision of the calculations, higher values allow for larger errors in the calculations of vertices. If the map contains only vertices at integer coordinates, I advise this to be set close to its maximum value for the lowest chance of error. If you still receive errors, try removing the most complicated and/or large objects from the map.
- 1.1.0 — Fixed a lot of bugs, including errors in .VMT reading. Made dev/ textures auto-select when reading .VMFs. Improved the conversion method (brush corners are now calculated, rather than assumed to be plane-defining points). Added a 'Calculation Error' field, which should help solve most errors that occur. Also, fixed some bugs in the .VMF reading.
- 1.0.0 — Initial release.