Please don't edit the archives.
- Archive 1 -- 10 October 2006
- Archive 2 -- 2 February 2008
- Archive 3 -- 21 January 2009
- Archive 4 -- 27 July 2009
- Archive 5 -- 20 July 2010
VDC as vanity page
I've noticed User:Kostya is turning this wiki into his own vanity website, uploading an absurd number of images (see also Kostya's_Mod). Is this forbidden? I can't really find any rules about anything anywhere, except references to Wikipedia rules, where such behavior would be strictly forbidden. EDIT:In the meantime, I've been writing up Help and guideline articles, so that we actually have help and guideline articles, but I've avoided this specific subject for the time being because I'm not sure about it and you're the closest thing to official input that's available. Thelonesoldier 22:05, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
- In general, we give people some latitude with their own userspace. However, the site is not a blog host or a file repository and should not be used for that. There are simply better sites for those use cases. --JeffLane 01:03, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
Delete a duplicate image?
Hi, I uploaded an image here File:NVidia_EnableAO.PNG, but apparently two copies were uploaded (I really don't know how that happened, I only clicked upload once). On the wiki two copies are only different in that one of the has the PNG capitalized and the other doesn't. Could you delete one of them? Thanks. Thelonesoldier 23:35, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- There was something seriously messed up with that file. I deleted the existing version, so you'll have to re-upload it and see if that works. Try using a lowercase extension, that is preferable. --JeffLane 01:11, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, I didn't use uppercase the first time but the duplicate ended up with it.
- Would it be possible to appoint someone with partial administrative powers to start pruning things on the massive list of problem content, some of which have been waiting to be deleted for years? Thelonesoldier 11:34, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
- Also, you should probably delete this: File:Bxd.jpg File:Bxd.jpg Thelonesoldier 19:56, 11 October 2010 (UTC)