Hey whats up there and welcome to the community! As for map suggestions you should use the room rule! Each room no matter what should have its own floor material and its own ceilling material. As for the walls they can stay the same at most times.--Gear 03:38, 4 Jul 2007 (PDT)
- Hey, thanks for the welcome/advice! About the suggestion, the entire outdoor environment is supposed to feel 'concrete-ish', so it might be possible to run out of ceiling materials (there are only four!). And about the "other part of the map", most of it is still in dev materials. (As seen in one of the new screenshots.) Also, the indoor part is supposed to be based off of Black Mesa... but I don't think I'm getting the hang of the Black Mesa style yet. I don't really have the best sense of architecture. --Darthkillyou 15:15, 6 Jul 2007 (PDT)
Yeah one of the best things you can do is really plan out all the geometry to be almost a carbon copy when it comes to things like supports and whatnot. But hey those screens look pretty darn great. I really like the maintance tunnel!--Gear 16:54, 6 Jul 2007 (PDT)
Thanks, I like the maintenance hall too. It took me a while to make everything a func_detail and figure out the textures. And then, it took me awhile to remember how I wanted the player to end up in it. I'm planning on putting up some more screenshots later. (And the map's about half-done!) --Darthkillyou 19:06, 6 Jul 2007 (PDT)
Yeah sounds awesome. But yeah really when it comes to mapping one of the most important things truely is player direction and transition. It never makes sense to have the player go from a snow covered mountain to a giant magical hallway, hahahaha but yeah love to ry the map and good luck!--Gear 15:52, 7 Jul 2007 (PDT)
I looked at your pictures - some of your work is better than mine - but you wanted suggestions, and I'm recently bothered with all the quadratic lighting going on in maps, so if you'd like to get rid of the "roof glare" effect, try using linear lighting instead. See this tutorial to learn how. Constant-Linear-Quadratic_Falloff If anything needs more explanation, let me know. --Andreasen 04:30, 17 Aug 2007 (PDT)
- Hmm... I actually was wondering how to get rid of the roof glare... seemed very unnatural... --Darthkillyou 09:59, 18 Aug 2007 (PDT)
Recent Changes Page
Was it really necessary to spam the recent changes list? Solokiller 04:29, 26 Jun 2007 (PDT)
- Yeh man, please learn to use the Show preview button, it's right next to the Save page button. If you check the recent changes, you can see your changes to your profile take up most of the history, which we often use to view what's happening on the site. --Daedalus 07:04, 26 Jun 2007 (PDT)
Sorry, Sorry... Don't murder me... I couldn't help it.
- BTW, aren't there links that say "view last 100, 250, and 500 changes"?
- Anyway, I'll keep mass editings to a minimum...
--Darthkillyou 08:23, 26 Jun 2007 (PDT)
Holy! Did I semi-spam the changes page just now? Oops... Please don't kill me... --Darthkillyou 20:06, 6 Jul 2007 (PDT)
Really i dont know anyone complains. There is a veiw all button there for a reason so dont worry about it to much yet eventually you might run in to situations when you might need to save the page. Therefore createing a recent change log. Best idea really is to use "show preview" as much as possible.--Gear 22:00, 10 Jul 2007 (PDT)
Please pay attention when reverting spam pages. Sometimes the page is spammed with more text than the first line of the article. In the case of the Current events page (which gets frequently spammed), you can see from the diff between revisions (look for red characters on the green background area) that some strange characters appear when the page is spammed. If you stick to manually removing the first line of the article, you will not be completely reverting the page to it's former state, so please pay attention to this. Try using an alternative method, so you don't have to manually change everything back to the way it was. Cheers! --Etset 02:42, 1 Mar 2008 (PST)
- Don't you hate these #$%&-up spammers? I had to get rid of a talkpage that was all links about viagra. :( --JeffMOD 11:22, 17 May 2008 (PDT)