Difference between revisions of "User talk:Cubedude"

From Valve Developer Community
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 5: Line 5:
 
</code>
 
</code>
  
However, at first I had the purple checkerboard texture on my model.  Then I had to decompile the original textures so the source files were available to the model compiler and it works now.  So the problem was that I didn't include the -game command line argument to tell studiomdl.exe which game I was compiling the model for.  I didn't do that because the tutorial on this site about compiling models didn't even show that command line argument in the example.
+
However, at first I had the purple checkerboard texture on my model.  Then I had to decompile the original textures so the source files were available to the model compiler and it works now.  So the problem was that I didn't include the -game command line argument to tell studiomdl.exe which game I was compiling the model for.  I didn't do that because the tutorial on this site about compiling models didn't even show that command line argument in the example.  I also had to edit my .smd file a little bit too because in there the texture filenames had the wrong file extension too.

Revision as of 09:00, 1 December 2006

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I figured out the problem. I downloaded the GuiStudioMdl utility for kicks, but surprisingly it worked, so I looked at the commandline it generated to call studiomdl.exe and it looked like this:

studiomdl.exe -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\DeepBlue" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\megafont\sourcesdk_content\DeepBlue\modelsrc\PalmTree.qc"

However, at first I had the purple checkerboard texture on my model. Then I had to decompile the original textures so the source files were available to the model compiler and it works now. So the problem was that I didn't include the -game command line argument to tell studiomdl.exe which game I was compiling the model for. I didn't do that because the tutorial on this site about compiling models didn't even show that command line argument in the example. I also had to edit my .smd file a little bit too because in there the texture filenames had the wrong file extension too.