As you can see in the recent changes page, i've translated a few categories into dutch. I've noticed that the otherlang2 template won't work unless the language is defined in the template, but i neither know what to do in there nor have an image of the dutch/belgian flag to use. Where did you get the images from? Solokiller 22:22, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
- I got them from FamFamFam. --TomEdwards 23:33, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for that, but how do i need to add the translated versions to the original and other translated pages? I did a quick test on the French version of SDK Docs, and the link to the Dutch version had the Spanish flag. Solokiller 09:23, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, so each version of the page needs
nl=SDK Docs:nl|, but the English version of SDK Docs is protected from edits, so somebody else will have to add it there. Solokiller 09:27, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
You seem to have deleted all the raw keyvalue names.
Hi, you seem to have gone through every page on this wiki systematically destroying useful information. While you yourself may prefer to use smartedit, some people don't, and you shouldn't force them to conform to what you feel is the best course of action, nor should you destroy information simply because you can't think of a way to use it. Just because I will never need to know how to project the paths of pyroclastic flows does not mean others won't.
In addition to this, not everyone who comes here is a mapper. I personally came here just now to look up some KVs for an entity I am spawning via Lua in Garry's Mod. We don't get smartedit there, and have to do it all manually.
Please go through the pages you have edited and restore the original names to them, so that others do not have to go to the history tab and go through revisions to find out what something is actually called.
I suggest you do this in the style of SmartEdit Name (realname).
Thank you. --Lexi 17:57, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- We've tried various methods for including friendly and raw names side by side, and none of them worked. The best thing to do, better than reading VDC, is to open the FGD files provided in the SDK and read them directly. They are far more complete and up to date than what's available on this site. You can get syntax highlighting here.
- The raw names were removed in the first place because while some people do need them, the remaining 98% of visitors need to see and expect to see what appears in Hammer. Since it's so easy to look things up in an FGD it makes little sense to detriment the vast majority of readers. --TomEdwards 18:59, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- I see, thank you. Sorry for my rude tone. You might want to put this info on your user page, in case this happens again. --Lexi 13:28, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
Hey you seem to be the right guy to ask about this: Do you think suggesting Doxygen  to Valve would be a good idea? I think it would be a nice thing to have on the wiki since a lot is undocumented. --Robber9000 04:01, 26 July 2010 (UTC)