User Interface Bugs
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 22:34, 6 October 2005 by Garry Newman (Fixed vandalism)
Current Known Issues in the Steam Beta UI
- Internet games tab in serverbrowser is slow with more than 1000 servers in the list.
- Add a scrollbar in backup wizard when backing up more games than can fit on one page
- Sometimes clickable menu items always appearing checked
- Text wrapping issue on labels, some text still appears to be cut off by a pixel or two (purchase case)
- Pausing preload of RDKF didn't appear to work, still kept downloading (as shown in pre-load status dialog)
- Some machines show squares when drawing empty columns
- Add delete app in context menu
- Pre-order now button on preload dialog should minimize the preload dialog, currently hides store
- Support button changes to minigameslist, after going to mini-games list once
- Purchase summary dialog has list going off the bottom of the page
- Purchase summary dialog has "Steam Account" and the account name wrapping when they shouldn't
- 'purchasing...' progress dialog doesn't have much room on the bottom
- no progress moving when installing games( 'creating cache files' )
- first-time install says 'updating', not 'dowloading'
- If you have an out of date video card driver and try to connect to a server via the serverbrowser the command line is incorrect
- All HL1-engine third-party mods are missing the last character from their name; Source Engine mods are not affected
- Pause update from context menu, then launch game, context menu then says "Pause update" rather than "Resume update"
- Starting up the SDK says "Prepairing to play Source SDK..." Saying "play" with a tool is.... weird.
- Have a tab to the news page on the main screen instead of it opening a browser window?
- If on the main window you move it so most of it hangs off the screen and then you click View > Switch to mini games list, when it does so, the mini games list appears off the screen. You need to restart Steam to get it back.
- SDK has old style UI
- Double-clicking the edge of a column in the Servers window resizes the column to the minimum width needed for the header to display fully, not for the longest cell in that column to display fully
- Double-clicking the edge of a column in the My Games window tries to resize the column to the minimum width needed for the longest cell—but it's always about ten pixels (or two characters) too short