Difference between revisions of "User:FuzzDad"
m (Boring old Fart)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
[http://mysite.verizon.net/warewind/site/.zip Click Here for the map file.] Unzip the file to the maps directory w/o using the folder names or unzip to your day of defeat source directory and use the paths.
Revision as of 22:01, 20 June 2006
FuzzDad (AKA Wes Shull) is the Valve-contracted level designer for dod_glider (2 versions), dod_falaise (two versions), dod_flugplatz (two versions), and para_glider. All maps were part of released content from Valve in either boxed editions of the game or on subsequent patch updates. He assisted with the entity work on the following shipped content: dod_escape (the exploding bridge sequence), dod_jagd (all scoring entities), and dod_northbound (scoring and others). He did touch-up and corrective map work on DOD 1.3's shipped dod_donner and participated in the first beta trials of DOD:Source. He wrote all the detail texture files that were shipped with dod ver 1.2 and 1.3 and assisted Valve in creating accurate contents lists for shipped content across multiple releases. He also released dod_factory (DoD 1.0), para_raiders, dod_phun (DoD 1.3), and dod_anvil (Source) as custom maps. His son John Shull (AKA Fuzz) was one of the original founding members of DOD prior to its purchase by Valve. He is also extremely old and crotchety and occasionally passes out from working 24-7 on whatever map he's putzing with. Here are some really small pictures that are hard to see showing his work. For more details go to his boring old fart website
Here's the latest version of dod_anvil and a change log:
Click Here for the map file. Unzip the file to the maps directory w/o using the folder names or unzip to your day of defeat source directory and use the paths.
- Support for 32 players
- Pathways re-directed to eliminate passing under spawns
- Added detail (may run a tad slower on some systems)
- Spawn protection zone identified more clearly
- Mini-map added
- Some doors are now useable
- Fixed all posted bugs
- Slight adjustment in Axis one cap location
- Better interior lighting
- Axis sniping position (overlooking Allied 1) expanded to somewhat match similar sniping position pointing at Axis 1
- Minor repositioning of sandbagged locations
- Made spawn exits to respective two caps more equitable
- Expanded range of caps on all objectives
- All files packed into the bsp for easy upload/download