A Trigger_brush can be named one of these special targetnames, which can fire outputs anytime a certain event occurs.
For Example: When a player entity dies, it sends the Use input to game_playerdie. If you name a Trigger_brush to game_playerdie and give it some OnUse outputs, they will fire every single time a player dies.
- game_playerdie - Fires every time a player dies. The player who died is the !activator.
- game_playerkill - Fires every time a player kills another player, the killer is the !activator.
- game_playerjoin - Fires every time a player joins the game, the joining player is the !activator.
- game_playerspawn - Fires every time a player spawns, the spawning player is the !activator.
- game_playerleave - Fires every time a player leaves the game, !activator will not work in this case as the player entity no longer exists.
@SolidClass base(Targetname, Parentname, Global, EnableDisable) = trigger_brush [ spawnflags(flags) = [ 2: "Ignore player +USE" : 0 ] InputFilter(choices) : "Input Filter" : 0 : "Used to specify which inputs this entity will accept." = [ 0 : "Allow Everything" 22 : "Touch/Untouch: Players" 20 : "Touch/Untouch: Players & NPCs" 16 : "Touch/Untouch: Players, NPCs, Pushables" 18 : "Touch/Untouch: Players & Pushables" 21 : "Touch/Untouch: NPCs" 17 : "Touch/Untouch: NPCs & Pushables" 19 : "Touch/Untouch: Pushables" 6 : "Touch/Untouch & Use: Players" 2 : "Touch/Untouch & Use: Players & Pushables" 4 : "Touch/Untouch & Use: Players & NPCs: " 5 : "Touch/Untouch & Use: NPCs" 1 : "Touch/Untouch & Use: NPCs & Pushables" 3 : "Touch/Untouch & Use: Pushables" 14 : "Use: Players" 12 : "Use: Players & NPCs" 8 : "Use: Players, NPCs, & Pushables" 10 : "Use: Players & Pushables" 13 : "Use: NPCs" 9 : "Use: NPCs & Pushables" 11 : "Use: Pushables" ] input Use(void) : "Use" output OnUse(void) : "On use" output OnStartTouch(void) : "Fired when an entity starts touching this trigger. " + "The touching entity must pass this trigger's filters " + "to cause this output to fire." output OnEndTouch(void) : "Fired when an entity stops touching this trigger. " + "The touching entity must pass this trigger's filters " + "to cause this output to fire." output OnEndTouchAll(void) : "Fires when an entity stops touching this trigger, " + "and no other entities are touching it. Only entities " + "that passed this trigger's filters are considered." ]
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Start Disabled
- Stay dormant until activated (with the
- Used to specify which inputs this entity will accept.
Literal Value Description 0 Allow Everything 22 Touch/Untouch: Players 20 Touch/Untouch: Players & NPCs 16 Touch/Untouch: Players, NPCs, Pushables 18 Touch/Untouch: Players & Pushables 21 Touch/Untouch: NPCs 17 Touch/Untouch: NPCs & Pushables 19 Touch/Untouch: Pushables 6 Touch/Untouch & Use: Players 2 Touch/Untouch & Use: Players & Pushables 4 Touch/Untouch & Use: Players & NPCs 5 Touch/Untouch & Use: NPCs 1 Touch/Untouch & Use: NPCs & Pushables 3 Touch/Untouch & Use: Pushables 14 Use: Players 12 Use: Players & NPCs 8 Use: Players, NPCs, & Pushables 10 Use: Players & Pushables 13 Use: NPCs 9 Use: NPCs & Pushables 11 Use: Pushables
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.
- (activator is the activator)
- Fired when an entity starts touching this trigger. The touching entity must pass this trigger's filters to cause this output to fire. (activator is the toucher)
- Fired when an entity stops touching this trigger. Only entities that passed this trigger's filters will cause this output to fire. (activator is the exiting entity)
- Fires when an entity stops touching this trigger, and no other entities are touching it. Only entities that passed this trigger's filters are considered. (activator is the last exiting entity)