This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
Bug: While a different model can be used on the projectiles, the collision of the model might be off
tf_point_weapon_mimic is an entity used to fire projectiles from various weapons. Options include rockets, grenades, arrows, and stickybombs.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Weapon Type
- Which projectiles to fire.
- 0 : Rockets
- 1 : Grenades
- 2 : Arrows
- 3 : Stickies
- Fire Sound
- The sound to be played when we fired.
- Particle Effect
- The particle effect to be played when we fired.
- Model Override
- The model to apply onto projectiles we fire.
- Model Scale
- Scale for the projectile model.
- Minimum Speed
- Minimum speed for each projectile.
- Maximum Speed
- Maximum speed for each projectile.
- Damage for the projectile.
- Splash Radius
- Splash radius for the projectile.
- Spread Angle
- Random spread for each projectile fired.
- Always Crits
- All shots are crits.
- Fire multiple projectiles.
- Fire a single projectile.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.