Difference between revisions of "Template:KV BasePropPhysics"
From Valve Developer Community
(...and it's completely wrong.)
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
Revision as of 13:30, 5 June 2012
- Min Damage to Hurt
- The prop will ignore any damage events if the damage is less than this amount.
- Shadow Cast Distance
- Use this to override how far this object casts shadows. 0 means the default distance.
- Physics Impact Damage Scale
- Multiplies damage received from physics impacts. 0 means the feature is disabled for backwards compatibility.
- Impact damage type
- If true, damage type is sharp and the object can slice others.
- Damaging it Doesn't Push It
- Whether damaging the entity applies force to it.
- Scale Factor For Inertia
- Scales the angular mass of an object. Used to hack angular damage and collision response.
- Mass Scale
- Multiplier for the object's mass.
- Override Parameters
- A list of physics keyvalues that are usually embedded in the model. Format is
- Health Level to Override Motion
- If specified, this object will start motion disabled. Once its health has dropped below this specified amount, it will enable motion.
- Physics Impact Force to Override Motion
- If specified, this object will start motion disabled. Any impact that imparts a force greater than this value will enable motion.
- Sound to make when punted by the Gravity Gun.
- World Model (model)
- The model this entity should appear as. 128-character limit.
- Skin (skin)
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip:Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale (modelscale)
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable Shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevents the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows, or lightmap shadows if the entity is a
prop_static. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Render in Fast Reflections (drawinfastreflection)
- If enabled, this entity will render in fast water reflections (i.e. when a water material specifies
$reflectonlymarkedentities) and in the world impostor pass.
- Explosion Damage (ExplodeDamage)
- If non-zero, when this entity breaks it will create an explosion that causes the specified amount of damage. See also Explosion Radius.
- Explodsion Radius (ExplodeRadius)
- If non-zero, when this entity breaks it will create an explosion with a radius of the specified amount. See also Explosion Damage.
- Sound to make when punted (puntsound)
- Sound to make when punted by gravity gun.
- Break Model Message (BreakModelMessage)
- "If set, will use this break model message instead of the normal break behavior." Confirm:Is this new with Source SDK 2013...? It isn't in Alien Swarm or 2007 code but is in 2013. New with L4D?
- Performance Mode (PerformanceMode)
- Used to limit the amount of gibs produced when this entity breaks, for performance reasons.
- 0: Normal
- 1: No Gibs
- 2: Full Gibs on All Platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, etc)
- 3: Reduced gibs
- Min Damage to Hurt (minhealthdmg)
- If a single hit to the object doesn't do at least this much damage, the prop won't take any of the damage it attempted to give.
- Pressure Delay (PressureDelay)
- Seconds to delay breaking from pressure. Allows creaking/groaning sounds to play.
- Health (health)
- How close to breaking the object is.
- Maximum Health (max_health)
- Health cannot exceed this amount.
- Physics Impact Damage Scale (physdamagescale)
- Multiplier for damage amount when this entity is hit by a physics object. With a value of 0 the entity will take no damage from physics.
- Breakable By (BreakableType)
- only. Who can break this?
- 0: Everyone
- 1: All Infected
- 2: Only Tanks
- Start Fade Dist (fademindist)
- Distance at which the prop starts to fade.
- End Fade Dist (fademaxdist)
- Max fade distance at which the prop is visible.
- If start fade is <0, the prop will disappear instantly when end fade is hit.
- If end fade is <0, the prop won't disappear at all. (This is the default behaviour.)
- The values will scale appropriately if the prop is in a 3D Skybox.
- Fade Scale (fadescale)
- If you specify so in worldspawn, or if the engine is running below DirectX 8 (DX7 in Ep1), props will fade out even if the fade distances above aren't specified. This value gives you some control over when this happens: numbers smaller than 1 cause the prop to fade out at further distances, and greater than 1 cause it to fade out at closer distances. Using 0 turns off the forced fade altogether. See also the QC command $noforcedfade.
- Minimum DX Level
- The entity will not exist if the engine is running outside the given range of DirectX Versions. Replaced by SystemLevelChoice from Left 4 Dead onwards.
- Warning: If these are used, the object may break when the user switches their DirectX settings.
- Maximum DX Level
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.