This template is our holder for all keyvalues that are assigned through
CBaseAnimating. The template has a very specific syntax that you must follow to apply properly, because new games have added new features throughout the years. See Help:Templates for more info on named parameters.
No parameters: display keyvalues for ALL games.
Base: display keyvalues that have only existed since whatever game added the class (most have existed since HL2, the first Source game).
Game as a parameter: display the keyvalues that
base displays, AND keyvalues that were added to the class, by the specified game. You can specify as many games as needed. You must specify ALL the games you want to include (e.g.
l4d2 will not automatically include
l4d keyvalues as well). This is because there are situations like in Portal 2, where the output
OnKilled is not available through
CBaseEntity, despite being a far descendant of the L4D branch which added it.
All parameters for this template:
l4d2(do this only for entities available in l4d2 because only it has this kv!)
For full documentation on this family of templates, see FGD Template Prototype. Still confused on something? Ask for help before editing this template.
CBaseEntity. We have listed them here instead because those specific keyvalues were rather un-universal (for example
renderfx, which would not have any practical use on point entities that are never seen, or on triggers), and putting them on every entity page would only cause confusion and clutter, the exact opposite goal in mind with this series of templates.
- World Model (model)
- The model this entity should appear as. 128-character limit.
- Skin (skin or ModelSkin )
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0.
- Collisions (solid)
- Method of collision for this entity.
- Body Group (body or SetBodyGroup)
- Sets the the active $bodygroup.
- Hitbox Set (hitboxset)
- Sets the $hboxset to use.
- Sequence (sequence)
- Default animation sequence for the model to be playing after spawning.
- Playback Rate (playbackrate)
- A multiplier of the framerate at which animations are played, negative values are accepted. Default is 1.0
- Cycle (cycle)
- The current frame of the currently playing animation, on a range from 0-1.
- Lighting Origin (LightingOrigin)
- Select an entity (not
info_lighting!) from which to sample lighting instead of the entity's origin.
- Lighting Origin Offset (LightingOriginHack)
info_lighting_relativefrom which to sample lighting instead of the entity's origin. Not in .
- Damage Filter Name (damagefilter)
- When this entity receives damage, it will filter by this entity.
- Start Fade Distance (fademindist)
- Distance at which the entity starts fading. If <0, the entity will disappear instantly when end fade is hit. The value will scale appropriately if the entity is in a 3D Skybox.
- End Fade Distance (fademaxdist)
- Distance at which the entity ends fading. If <0, the entity won't disappear at all. The value will scale appropriately if the entity is in a 3D Skybox.
- Fade Scale (fadescale)
- If specified in the
worldspawn, or if the engine is running below DirectX 8, entities will fade out even if the fade distances above aren't specified. This value gives more control over when this happens: numbers smaller than 1 cause the entity to fade out at further distances, and greater than 1 cause it to fade out at closer distances. Using 0 turns off the forced fade altogether. See also
- Render Mode (rendermode)
- Set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity.
- Render FX / Transparency (0 - 255) (renderamt)
- Transparency amount, requires a Render Mode other than Normal. 0 is invisible, 255 is fully visible.
- Render Color (R G B) (rendercolor)
- Color tint.
- Render FX (renderfx)
- Preset pattern of appearance effects.
- To do: 18-21, 25
- Shadow Cast Distance (shadowcastdist)
- Sets how far the entity casts dynamic shadows. 0 means default distance from the shadow_control entity.
- Disable Shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevent the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable Receiving Shadows (disablereceiveshadows)
- Prevent the entity from receiving shadows on itself.
- Model Index (modelindex)
- Changes the entitiy's model to a precached model on the map. See Model Index for more information.
- Warning: Using an invalid value will instantly crash the game, this includes 0 and 1.
- Texture Frame (texframeindex)
- The frame number for any animated textures on this entity.
- Model Scale (modelscale)
- A multiplier for the size of the model. Negative values are accepted. Does not alter the physics collisions in most cases, however. Not in , , , sdk 2013.
- Warning: Negative or extremely high values can cause crashes!
- Minimum CPU Level (mincpulevel)
- A user with a CPU level lower than this will not see this object rendered in-game. It's unclear how the CPU level is decided, but most systems are classified as "high".
- Maximum CPU Level (maxcpulevel)
- 0: Default
- 1: Low
- 2: Medium
- 3: High
- Minimum GPU Level (mingpulevel)
- Maximum GPU Level (maxgpulevel)
- 0: Default
- 1: Very low
- 2: Low
- 3: Medium
- 4: High
- Glow Backface Multiple (glowbackfacemult)
- If this object has a glow effect, multiply the effect by this much on the sides of the object that are facing away from the viewer.
- Move Type (MoveType)
- Sets a movetype for this entity, which changes its movement behavior.
- Collision Group (CollisionGroup)
- Sets a collision group for this entity, which changes its collision behavior.
- No Animation Sounds (SuppressAnimSounds)
- Silences sounds linked to animations.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
- Makes this entity not cast a shadow from
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0: Default
- 1: No cache - render every frame
- 2: Cache it - render only once